Thread: Where You Live
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 05:45 AM
joan_quilts

We have lived in out little town for 15 years. I am ready to move! Dh and I are planning on moving to Florida next year when our youngest son graduates from high school.

We moved out here from the out skirts of Baltimore so our 3 boys would have a safe place to grow up. It has been awesome for that. The mountains and nature is just gorgeous.

The people, well, lets just say, they aren't to kind to "outsiders". What that means, is that they are ALL related to each other and don't like "city" folk coming out this way. So, I have made a couple of friends but nothing real close.

We have 3 acres of land and a nice sized rancher style home that is going to be too big for us when the kids are grown. Dh is an over the road truck driver and if we don't move, I will be home alone about 5 days a week.

The other down fall to county life is being 45 minutes from EVERYTHING! The nearest stores, like the mall and Wal-Mart are so far to go to. You plan a whole shopping day when you decide to go.

There are NO jobs here either. Unless you are related to someone, you will NOT get a local job. I found that out real quick! LOL

Dh and I are still young, early 40's but we just look forward to moving where it is warm, cheaper taxes and less work to do around the house.