View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I did not start this thread to have it degenerate into unpleasant comments. Please remember we are here to support not to tear down. THIS THREAD WILL GET LOCKED IF EVERYONE CAN'T BE NICE!!!

We are all entitled to our opinion but keep it clean please. I started this thread because I wanted to know if Iowa has banned cellphone use or not.

My DD does live in her car due to the demands on her by her children who have medical issues and her responsiblities to her DH's CHiro Clinic and inlaws and other responsiblities.

If you don't have those kind of responsibilies that are life threatening then you can't understand some people do NEED to be available at all times. Whether she should use a hands free version -- I agree that would be a better situation. but not everyone has the luxory of being unavailable. My DH has medical conditions that means I have to be able to talk to him and check on him while I am gone. If he has a seizure I need to know to get him help. So when I do have to be gone for a little while I use my cell phone to check on him and I have to be able to get calls from him if he has fallen and needs help.

so to say in general that all drivers should not have access to a cell phone is not reality. There are needs that the cell phone fills for people beyond chatting. Mine is a lifeline incase my DD needs me to meet her at the hosp with one of the kids or if my DH needs help. He can't walk well so we also make sure we have at least one cell with us at all times when we go to town.

So please everyone keep in mind that everyone has differant needs and there are more than one side to things.

In my opinion cell phones are only dangerous when the user does not use common sense. If accidents happen then it was pilot error. If they are careless with the phone use then bad things can happen.

But not everyone is careless behind the wheel. I hate generalizations. There is never a time when all people do the same thing. There will always be people who abuse the rules.