Old 10-06-2010, 01:55 AM
Ms. Shawn

Originally Posted by candi
I fell in love with this pattern and just had to buy the book to make it. Little did I know how challenging this was going to be for me! After I bought all my fabrics and started cutting, I realized that I need to learn inset seams to be able to do this. I didn't want to abandon the project, so I stuck to it and after spending 4.5 hours (gasp) constructing the first block, I figured it out.The other blocks took me a little less than an hour :mrgreen: to construct each.

I used fusible batting for the first time, and liked it, except for the fact that I had to quilt it a lot more than what I am used it, it worked well for this particular quilt, since I did some cross hatching that was about 2'' apart.

The original pattern is Star Bouquet from Kaffe Fassett book, Country Garden Quilts (http://www.amazon.com/Kaffe-Fassetts...dp/1600850480- cover page) and uses 10+fabrics. I only used five fabrics and made it into a wall hanging about 49'' square. Changed the border a bit to fit size. Considering all the points I had to match, I am glad that I conquered most, even if some got away...
:-P

Hubby and I love it!

Edited to add: I don't know about the colors in the pictures..real quilt is more vivid.
WOW!!! That's Beautiful!!! I love your choice of colors!! :-D :thumbup: :XD: