View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Lilrain

Originally Posted by remclave
Originally Posted by Annaleehunter
I went there for the first time last weekend! I found 2 different fabrics suited for children's clothing for just 1.00/yd! Wow. I was so overwhelmed I did not even see the fq near the register. I will go back soon. Thank you so much for posting. I am in Mooringsport, btw! Would love to meet up as I am fairly new to quilting!
My knitting group meets every Saturday from 2 pm to 4 pm. We can learn together as I've only dabbled before. Our group does more than just knitting. In addition to our personal projects, we make toy baby blankets, by any crafting method desired (and yes I've seen 12x12 quilts made for the project,) for local charities for Christmas. This is in conjunction with two other groups that make the baby dolls and the cradles. The goal is 500 units. I'm not sure what the current count is but all blankets are turned in by the November meeting (another group that meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month at the Hamilton Library on Bert Kouns Ind. Lp.)

I have a couple of basic projects I started over 20 years ago and they are just now seeing the light of day. They've been well stored so I haven't found any weathering of any kind taking place.
Long time quilter, but perhaps a little ignorant, have never heard of a 12x12 quilt. What is it?