Old 10-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by tigger5464
Please, please, please take the counter away from craftybear :( No money or such for christmas with just getting fired for getting hurt on the job. Don't even wanna think about christmas now. :(
So sorry to hear that. Hope you are feeling better after the injury. I am not working this year either. They had to "cut" the budget at school this year. I am a retired teacher but have been working as a math tutorial teacher 4 days a week at our middle elem. school for the last 5 yrs. and this year they said they could only have two instead of three since there are only two grades in that school. Well, I was the first tutor hired for that school, and the first let go. Doesn't make sense, but then what does with school districts. That extra money has certaintly been a blessing for us. Had plans to use it to pay off (early)DH new suv we bought last spring, but that will have to wait now. We will jsut have to make payments for another year. At least I have my retirement, and we will have both SS coming in beginning this month, I draw my first check in a couple of weeks, and DH is still working. God will take care of us.
Hope you can make things from your stash. Wishing you well!! and will keep you in my prayers tigger 5464, as well as everyone else.