View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 08:50 PM
np3
Power Poster

[quote=Crlyn][quote=np3][quote=Crlyn]
Originally Posted by np3
Originally Posted by BKrenning

You still roll the top and the backing up the way you would if the batting was inside. The advantage is that it is a smaller "piece" to manage. It doesn't get heavy and in your way.
I get what you mean there, do you sandwich the whole batting first THEN cut it. I'm having trouble trying to explain my dilemma. When I sandwich a quilt I usually tape each corner of the backing then the same with the batting and top, so how do I go about doing just down the centre.........I expect thats all clear as mud ! .... sorry!!

:D
I need to search for the tute on this, it would help you.

You have to make the sandwich so you know how big to cut it. And when you cut the pieces off, you need to make a note of which edges were cut from where. That will help you when you put them back together (butt them up and stich them by hand or zigzag, never overlapping.)

You want to pin it well through the center then roll the front and back out of the way and cut the batting. Be very careful not to cut the front or back!!!

Then when you do the sides, the center is stable because it is already quilted and you pin/baste the first side.