Old 10-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Berta48

Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers
I am a new quilter and am trying to teach myself to stipple. I have a Bernina BSR, so that should make the task easy. I find it very hard to make the stitches uniform in length, but even harder is how to "create" the stipple pattern. I've read tons of books that contain lots of good advice. I just finished practicing on 14 quilt sandwiches (about 22 x 22 inches each) that will eventually become Christmas stockings, and my stippling has improved about 1 percent.

I am such a linear thinker with not a creative bone in my body and I'm wondering if I will ever catch on to this seemingly simple aspect of quilting.

Any advice? Is there such a thing as a personal stippling coach?
I am new at quilting and have been practicing FMQ (stipple) and I use the slider it works soooo great.The fabric just glides!I also use quilting gloves.
Also I was having trouble getting my foot pedal and hands in unison.So I took my foot pedal off and am just useing my start and stop button.I stipple until I get to the other side, stop, turn the fabric and go back across until I have finished.I have found it works 99% better.

I'm so glad I thought of the start button as I want to make my sistern law a memory throw for Christmas and jsut can't afford to have it sent out to be quilted.