View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 12:54 PM
anothercathy

I have made and absolutely love (part of my daily dress) several "smock" aprons. No ties, buttons or anything to have to fiddle with! Also have fibromyalgia and arthritis so totally understand. I made myself a pattern off of a Daisy Kingdom apron my daughter got me years ago. The squared yoke is made with a facing. Then I cut the body the length of the yardage (I like mine knee length, sloppy cook). Take half of the width of the yardage to gather for the front. Cut the remaining half of the width into two equal sections. Finish off what would be the open back of the apron. Gather the one front and two back sections. Attach the front panel to the front yoke (between the outside the facing). Do the same with the back, slightly overlapping the top edge. Sew the side seams up to several inches below the underarm and finish off neatly. You can either make side pockets or in the front. I will try to attach a picture of one I made my daughter. Sure hope this is clear, and helps. I have several other styles, but always prefer my smock!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110918.jpe