View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Gerbie

I bought that book on Amazon. A friend at my quilting group had it. I am in the progress at least 2 yrs now, lol of making a quilt from an old pattern with the fifty states. I have used crayons instead of fabric for applique for each state, bird and flower, and have done each state in trapunto type quilting. This old pattern also has the date each state came into the union and also the first 13 marked on the block of those states. There is also the outline of the U.S. Map, including Alaska and Hawaii., which I have done in trapunto style.
I bought the book you have to get the 50 stars to go on the back of each state it represents. I am also using crayons for those stars. In the center front, will be an outline of the 50 states, and on the back in that large space I am going to have all of the U.S. Flags, with the info of yr. they were adopted and Pres. that served under each flag. There are total 46 or 47 U.S. flags (Stars & Stripes, not state flags.) I can't remember at the moment. I love this book, and it is quite a challenge to do it in crayons, because of the floral fabric that was used in the book for different stars, but I am getting as close as possible in the colors. I hope to get this project done by next Fall for our local Fall Fair. I have stopped and worked on others too many times now. I have all of the 50 state blocks done, also outline of U.S. Map. I have most of the star blocks colored, but not quilted yet.
I love the book, and think anyone who buys it will too. If and when I ever get this quilt done, will post pics. Gerbie