View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Mailmanldy

Is "good enough" good enough? I think it all depends on YOUR defination of what good enough is. As we each have our own expectations as to what is "good enough".

Each and every one of the quilts I make are PERFECT.. for me at the time I made them and to the level of my experience at that time. Are they "perfect" in having ALL the seams match, points sharp etc... probably not. But at the time I made them, I did the best I could do, and that is always PERFECT.

I decided early on in my quilting life, that I would like to increase my abilities to the point where one of my quilts would be "good enough" to enter into a show. With each quilt I make, I work on improving my skills in at least ONE aspect of the quilt.. wether it be selecting the colors, cutting out the fabric, sewing it back together, or doing the actual quliting. If I'm not happy with the quality I'm producing at the time based on my abilities, then no, it's not good enough. If I'm doing my best, and it looks "perfect" to me, then that is all that matters. Because I want to improve with each quilt... as long as I'm learning something from each one I make, then that quilt is PERFECT, because it took me one step further on my quest of making a quilt "good enough" to enter into a show.

So based on MY defination of what "good enough" is.. then I have a long way to go before I reach "good enough"... but on that journey... I'm creating perfection to the best of my ability at that time.