View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 07:13 PM
okiepastor

I have lost count, but think I have about 45 tops in my storage room---that doesn't count the 40 or so I gave away. these have been made mostly from the over 8000 pieces of poly knit I got at an estate sale, with the addition of strips from poly yardage purchased at the same sale. Think I got the pieces and about 60 yards of poly for $25-------. Most have gone to Project Linus, but there is also My Brother's Keeper--and some went to local charity workers who knew people in dire need of warmth.....
I am making a king size top from grabnsew strips. so far, everyone who has seen it is amazed how pretty it is. and I am doing a scrappy 9-patch from vintage "family" scraps . I also made a twin quilt and a lap quilt top from flannel shirt scraps last week. Do they count??????
Next on the agenda are 6 table runners, and three tree skirts for Xmas presents, a strip quilt for my daughter-in-law, and two baby quilts---all from the stash, and all in progress---YES, I really AM nuts enough to work on about 20 projects at once--that way it is NEVER boring!
Make a quilt for someone in need--it feels great! We are tying quilts once a week for the next ten weeks at my church...can do 2-3 per session--then "ALL" I have to do is bind them. I make the poly quilts with blankets instead of batting--they will last nearly forever that way. Use either poly of sheets for backs--can get blankets for about $2 at yard sales, sheets the same, and many are like new and very pretty--even new sheets on sale are much cheaper than quilt backing...this is my "mission" project! Not perfect, but in this case, I can make lots to give away...