View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 10:50 AM
BettyGee

Originally Posted by peppermint31
Originally Posted by BettyGee
Originally Posted by Aully
I always buy minimum of 3, if I really love it I buy 5. :)
Me too, at least 3 yards and I just recently found a pattern I fell in love with, it was on sale and I bought 8 yards! When it was delivered I knew I had done the right thing as I can already see what I'm going to do with it. Companion fabrics usually 1 to 2 yards, but it depends how large the piece is going to be. My problem is that when I see a fabric I love it is hard to be logical. The ultimate determining factor is how much I have in my quilt budget and at the rate I've been going there isn't much left.
that is exactly why I got 3.5 yards. There was 8 left on the bolt but it was$10 per yard & I just couldn't spend that much :cry: I did go for 3.5 instead of 3 but that was my absolute limit
The 8 yards was $5.00 a yard, which was just too good to turn down. I found a print yesterday at Primitive Gatherings that was absolutely gorgeous, but at $9.95 per yard and with no project in mind, sanity thank goodness, won out. Take a look at Favorite Fabrics, they have the most beautiful fabrics and a selection that seems to go on forever. Also their prices are very reasonable, personnel are terrific and they ship promptly and their shipping rates are quite reasonable.