View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Illsa

I am so blessed. I have a very large house and I have sewing in one end of the basement. The opposite end I have a king size quilting frame for quilting. This room has 2 doors as the prior family used it as a BR. I built shelves on the outside walls and attempted neat stacks of fabric for insulation. I have a light attached to the machine carriage for extra light. I have a radio in this room.
In the sewing room I ran TV cable so I have TV and radio. I have an actual sewing machine cabinet but not the one that belongs to my Janome. Also have ironing board and separate table for cutting. I also built shelves in this room on the outside wall for fabric and supplies. Also keep an overstuffed chair for visitors as my husband has dementia and he comes and sits and watches TV sports and me sew. Then he is quiet and not demanding. No door on this area but it is the end of the baasement rec area and I have a pool table just outside my sewing area for laying out quilts. I started out 40 years ago in another house just behind the furnace in the basement with my machine and radio. I like to sew in the basement.