View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 07:03 AM
MomtoBostonTerriers

Bubblegum, Thanks for starting this thread! I have all of my reference books for scrapbooking and quilting spiral bound at Staples or Kinko's (now FedEx Office). The cost depends on which clerk is working that day . . . but it's about $5-$6 per book.

Originally Posted by gramalama9
Spiral binding is great and surprisingly inexpensive....but ..... if you have all your books done, and put them in a bookshelf, how do you find the desired title? Is there an insert for the spiral, which would allow printing the name of the book, and the author? If not, someone should invent one!
Gramalama9, I know what you mean about trying to tell the spiral bound books apart on the bookshelf. This week, I put little "key tags" on my spiral bound books to help with this. I used key tags I had in my scrapbook supplies -- cleaning out THAT stash -- but you can buy a small box of them in any office supply store for cheap. I tied the key tags to my books with string, so I can just move them out of the way when I'm using the book. If you want to get fancy, you can also buy metal jump rings in an office supply store, and use those to attach the key tags to your spiral bound book. If you want to get really fancy, then cover the key tag with different colored paper to correspond with something meaningful in the book (maybe all books in one series is one color, or your most used book is your favorite color, etc.)

The quilting section of my bookshelf
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111210[/ATTACH]

Nothing fancy here, but it only took 10 minutes to make these.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111211[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-111205.jpe   attachment-111206.jpe