View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Qbee

Originally Posted by jslider
Hi Qbee, I found you! I'm Joanna from Goshen and would be interested in meeting. I don't quilt, but collect quilts. It runs in the family! We've all appreciated the textile arts, but not all of us in my family have the patience or manual dexterity to do quilting. Another KY. gal suggested that the group might like to see some of my quilts. That's a possibility!

Many of my quilts will be hanging at St. John United Methodist Church at an event in November called "Renewal of the Heart". It's a "tea".....and a lot of other food....and a guest speaker. The quilts hang in the gym. It dresses up the event. However, the quilts do hang rather high and the detail work can't be appreciated. The quilts are not the main attraction. They're just decoration. You can check out the event at www.stjohnprospect.com.

If you'd like to see them up close, I'd love to come to your planned gathering.
Wow! That's so funny. I have friends that go to St. John's and it was the pastor at St. Johns that worked with my father this past summer when he was at the end. Ironically, I took my first quilting class about a month before my dad passed. I fell totally in love with quilting and had no idea how much of a comfort it was about to be for me. I will look into the event and maybe see you there! :D