View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 11:30 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by lucyb
Oh, I just want to cry. I made a quilted table cover for my kitchen.Every other block has a country applique,such as a chicken,watermelon,or sunflower,etc. It is made of homespun,very bright. I just love it on my table. I never used to cover it. My husband started collecting cats. These are the dirtiest cats I have ever known. We live in the woods. We have no grass,just woods and clay (mud) and sand. Now don't get me wrong I love cats,but last I counted them there were 20. They go in and out when they please and they go anywhere they please because my husband has spoiled them rotten. My daughter is a glazier so she made a glass top for me to keep the peace in the family. I would love to be spilling ketchup and mustard on it. Every one is so busy I don't remember the last time anyone visited or had dinner, You better believe it if they come the glass will come off for dinner!
I taught my cats not to get on tables with a squirt gun. I would sit across the room and wait for them to jump up, and nail the little bugger with the water. They figure out real quick that 'the table splashes water on me when I jump up there'. Works like a charm, just don't forget to wipe up any water that hits the floor, so no falls!