View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 04:17 AM
plainpat

I haven't used jelly rolls, nor will I buy them.Just don't see the need.I cut strips to whatever size, then keep them together by size. Easy to find them that way. JMO

Originally Posted by sherriequilts
Originally Posted by BevD
I bought a Jelly Roll pattern book last year at our quilting show. Great book have already made two quilts and one top out of it, no problem...
My bad move lately was buying three jelly rolls on the internet and not realising - wasn't in pics - that the edges were pinked!!
My poor machine is so clogged I swear I will never again buy the pinked, I will ALWAYS email and ask if they are straight cut.
Bad enough the bits everywhere when you open the jelly roll, the bits on the ironing board when pressing seams but my poor machine had to suffer too..

Sorry about that, just had to stop CLEANING and have a gripe.
Not only that, but have you noticed that these rolls and the bali pops are not always true cut to 2 1/2 inches. sometimes as much as 3/16 to 1/4 inch off. That can be a disaster in a quilt of any size. Have pattern that requires 2 1/2 in strips and 1 1/4 inch strips. Pretty difficult to make these work. On another pattern had to trim each strip down to 2 1/4 in and rework the whole pattern as a result. Think they should be cut wider if they can not cut them true to 2 1/2 in. Won't be buying them again.