Old 11-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

In Sept I hosted my first Quilt Retreat at Bentonsport Iowa. We had 4 ladies come and we had a great time. I was asked to plan another so I have chosen to do it this next spring.

The B & B:

The Mason House Inn B & B is a beautiful old building with a lot of local history. The rooms are really great with a lot of the original furnishings. There are quilts on all the beds and antiques in the rooms. Joy the owner provides a really nice breakfast and when we were there in Sept we really enjoyed it.

There is room for up to 12 quilters so reserving a room as soon as you can will keep your place for you.

For Reservations:
http://www.masonhouseinn.com/

Arrival Time

I will start setting up on Wed at 10 am. Registration is not til 3 for the rooms but we can have access to the common areas from 10 am on. So I will be there for whenever you can arrive. I will stay through Sun aft as long as anyone wants to work.

Classes

I will be teaching my "Blocks" in the mornings(Wed I will do the Blocks in the aft) and providing projects and or kits for you to use if you like in the afternoon sessions. There will be a small fee for the kits but not the projects. You can bring your own fabric to make the projects with or use my fabric I will provide. I recommend that you use small print to tiny print cottons for any small projects you may want to make. I will provide projects that can be made any size you want.

The evenings after supper each day will be free time to work on your own projects brought from home or continue to work on class projects etc. You are invited to join in but not required to follow any classes . You are welcome to do your own thing anytime you choose.

I will be showing how to make a couple of my "Blocks each morning then following up with this with the projects and kits in the aft.

Fabric Shopping

We will be going to my favorite local store in Cantril Ia. The Dutchman's Store is a Mennonite family owned country general store with bulk foods and a toy section and household goods and homemade items and a great fabric side. The prices on the fabric average around $5 a yard. It is one of my all time favorite places to buy fabric!

Expenses

Of course you are responsible for your own room expense.
There is no fee other than the one for meals
We will eat out 3 meals and you will be responsible for your own expense at these times.

There is a $50 fee to cover all the rest of the meals and snacks that I will provide. I would prefer to receive this before the 1st of May.

Local Color

There are a few shops along the boardwalk across from a beautiful river and a foot bridge. There is a lot of history in this area that makes for a nice break from time to time. There is a shop called Iron and Lace that is a blacksmith shop and pottery shop. Then there is Grief's General Store which is a small antique mall that is fun to look through. There is a shop that sells homemade fudge and other goodies and a shop that sells yard signs and other country decor. Something for everyone. The ladies that came in Sept got to watch a class at the blacksmith shop and had a great time.

Supplies Needed

I will provide irons and ironing boards/ a large cutting mat and mini cutting mats/ my templates/power strips and extension cords

You should bring your own sewing supplies such as
Your own sewing machine
Rulers
Rotary Cutter
Thread / needles
Scissors and other necessities like a seam ripper! LOL

If you have any questions just email me at [email protected] or pm me.

You are welcome to bring snacks if you like to share. I will have some snacks and drinks available no charge.

If there is anything I didn't cover just let me know. Thanks!! Rhonda

Mason House Inn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117322[/ATTACH]

This is the Washhouse which is attached to the Mason House Inn. This is where my DH and I stayed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117323[/ATTACH]

This is the Caboose where one of our Mother Daughter couples stayed. Such fun!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117324[/ATTACH]

The river and bridge across from the Mason House Inn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117328[/ATTACH]

Grief's General Store - antiques and hand made items
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117329[/ATTACH]

The room my DH and I stayed in
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117330[/ATTACH]

The other side of our room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117331[/ATTACH]

The quilt on our bed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117332[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-117317.jpe   attachment-117318.jpe   attachment-117319.jpe   attachment-117323.jpe   attachment-117324.jpe  

attachment-117325.jpe   attachment-117326.jpe   attachment-117327.jpe