View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Sarah CA

Wow, that sounds like a great idea. I think I will talk to my doctor about it. I wear mono vision contacts but both my distance and my close up vision are compromised by wearing the mono vision. I do wear store bought readers over my contacts but still not good enough. When I take out my contacts, I too can see great detail up close, but then it has be right up to my nose, haha. And yes, terrible headache from doing this. I also had a torn retina and was told it is like a 90% chance this will happen in my other eye.....a very common thing for near sighted folks. So....if your vision grays out or you see a million dots, go to the doctor immediately!! Do not waste any time. Had laser surgery to fix the tear. I worry that I won't be able to quilt when I get older (I'm only 54). Our eyes are so important, aren't they?

Originally Posted by quilt3311
I have a seperate pair of glasses for computer and sewing. I have the eye Dr. set the top area at the distance I am usually from the computer screen. Mine is approx. 26" from eye to screen. I have no idea what he does, but the glasses work great, for sewing I measure my comfort position and have hubby get the measurement to the needle. For me its approx 18". So the top of the glasses are set to 26" and bifocal area to 18". I just know it works, have no idea how its done.