View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 07:32 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by SuziC
Originally Posted by DJRustic
I have done mono vision for over thirty yrs. it works so well. You have to check with your Doc to see if you are able to do this. I am just now having to wear reading glasses to help me with close up hand sewing. I can sew at machine without the glasses, drive read etc. Just need to thread needle close work.
DONNA,The Rustic Quilter
Donna, how long did it take you to adjust to the monovision? I have them and i don't know if i can get use to them. I still have trouble up close.
Hi Suzi, I am just starting out with mono vision (a contact in my left eye for distance and none in the other eye). I normally wear progressive trifocals (age hits us hard sometimes LOL). I have found that driving at night with the mono vision is absurd. As far as doing close up things it doesn't take long to learn to focus with the eye that doesn't have a contact in it. And then, the reverse would be true. It took me about a week to get really used to it.

If I am using glasses for a particular day, I always take my glasses off (1st thing) when I sit down to my machine. My glasses are right next to me for seeing TV or something away from the machine.

Now, so far, I have never gotten a headache from switching glasses on and off.
:-D

That magnifier looks great. I do like to see precisely what I am doing. Now if it would only perfect my quilting seams, it would be a perfect tool. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do want to get one.