View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 06:28 PM
TN Donna

Originally Posted by sahm4605
okay ladies, this is a very sensitive subject. My SIL's mom just passed away saturday. Not to get into the details but she took her own life. I am wanting to do something for my SIL and was thinking about making a memory quit for her. But I don't know if it is a good idea. there are many issues with their relationship, but she was her mom. Do you ladies think that it would be a good idea to make a memory quilt for my sil, even though her mom took her own life? (it was do to a life long battle of horrible depression at least that is what I have been told) I am even hesitent to ask because it is a very touchy subject for me as well as for my SIL. Do you ladies think that this is a good idea or should I not go there?
Having been the daughter of a suicide myself I think it wouod be a great idea but at a later date. Maybe talk to her about her mother first and get some ideas to what to include. I am sure she would enjoy it or you could go ahead if you know enough about her and present the quilt later. Suicide hits pretty hard. We 22 years later found my dad was murdered and it was staged as a suicide.