View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 07:59 PM
starshine

Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter
Originally Posted by sahm4605
I think that I will give my bro a call and see if he can get a couple of good pics of her for a memory quilt for maybe next Christmas. I think that a cuddle quilt will work good now. I think when I call him I will ask him what colors she likes. Or if he knows what colors her mom likes. I have a quilt top done that I wasn't sure who to give it to yet and might just use that top if he thinks she will like the colors. It is actually my avatar quilt.thank you all for the help. I will aslo see if I can get a couple of her shirts that my sil remembers most or likes and use them for the memory quilt for her. if my bro thinks it is a good idea. I just want to get something done by tomorrow night because I am leaving at around 6:30 am to drive to OK for the funeral.
Christmas is a time loaded with emotions and triggers, and it may overwhelm her to deal with the physical reminders in a memory quilt. I agree with the others who said something soft and cuddly first, fleece or flannel, then perhaps later you may judge the time to be right for a memory quilt, or maybe even never.
If she is ever at a place for a memory quilt, the thought that comes to mind is to give it to her at some other time than Christmas, perhaps not connected to any special day or holiday. But there was a suggestion if there is a time she is open to it, that you offer her the opportunity also to work with you on it. And if that happens she can receive it when it is finished.