View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 06:23 AM
Momma_K

Originally Posted by Joya
Why do you need to mention the lady in question? Her memories are all frought with a lot of negativity and drama right now. The bottom line is you want to offer comfort to your SiL... (Is it your Son-in-law or Sister-in-law?) By all means make a quilt or what ever you want to make. Just make sure it is offered as an object of comfort.....NOT to mention Mother...the emphasis now should be on the survivor(s)... so give your gift for his or her comfort, not with sad strings attached.
I say this from the point of view of someone who is in the middle of five generations of severe depression. It is seldom really understood by others. The deceased victim should not be blamed, but usually is.

You are a very wise woman. I couldn't have said it better myself. Depression runs in my family on both mother and fathers side...I have it but learned to fight hard when the meds don't help. But I have a brother and sister that are bi-polar and on disability with it. And too, each person reacts differently with this...And however this is done about the quilt, do it with kindness. Kathy