View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Marge L.

Originally Posted by hoenignana
I live in Montrose it is down between Keokuk and Fort Madison, I've heard of Marengo but not sure where it is. My friends and I love to go shop hopping so I have been to alot of stores in Iowa and Missouri and Illinois that can be day trips. Is there a quilt store In Marengo?
The quilt shop that we had closed a while back. Really miss it. The Amanas are next door. South Amana, on hwy 6, is just east about 7-8 mi, has one called Fern's quilts & Antiques. Follow 6 & 151 to Main Amana. They have 2 for sure, maybe another. Williamsburg has 2 (Wooden Needle and Rainbows & Calico Things). Marengo is on Hwy. 6, 25-30 mi. west of Iowa City. If you should get up this way, I'd love to get together for lunch (say at Main Amana), many seem to like the food and there are several restaurants there. There are a few shops at Little Amana on I-80 and 151. Don't know if they have a quilt shop though. I'll PM you with my phone # so you can give me a buzz if you like. I'm not so busy that I can't get away when I want. I'm all alone and do nothing but quilt and spend a LOT of time on this board. LOL I guess I'm not alone there. Marge L.