View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 06:03 PM
sylviak

I know how you feel! I worked in hospitals for 30 yrs and started quilting after my kids all left home. My DH has been very supportive, but sometimes he pressures me to complete projects that I feel I need to get away from for awhile. We've had a very stressful summer (each lost a parent). We've had to single-handedly clean a grocery store and prepare it to be sold. At one point, I got real busy and made a "stress quilt"! Just the top..I don't have it quilted yet. I was going to try to make some quilts for Christmas, but decided I just wouldn't have time this year. I've ordered some small kits, table topper and two table runners. THEN, my hands and feet went numb and tingly. I just came back today from neck surgery. This is making the hand quilting hard, but I can use the machine and even with the neck brace I should be able to do a little each day. Hands and feet feel a bit better, but recovery could take months. You are just worn out and need the break. Doing a smaller project that is easy to complete would probably help get you going, but don't try to work at night unless you can get a "second wind". I used to relax after dinner, then when DH went to bed about 9:00, I would go back and work for an hour on a project. When I got sleepy or started making mistakes I would just turn everything off and go to bed. Also, don't promise to make anything for anyone. It pressures you and you begin to dread working on it. Make things for people because you enjoy doing it and let it be a surprise. No pressure!