Old 11-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Illsa
Where is Bentonsport IA? Are you the Haunted House?
Where do we eat? Illsa
Yes it is the Haunted House. I have several things planned for meals. We will go to the Bonaparte Retreat for one meal and there is a Pizza and Steak House in Keosauqua that is really good. They have great pizzas and hot meals and sandwiches. Their homemade flour taco is one of my favorites! It is a foot long and 8" wide stuffed with all the taco fixings! I usually end up taking half of it home! My daughter is going to bring in some meals for us and I thought I would do some crockpot meals a time or two. When we go to Cantril there is a little cafe across the street we like to eat at so that is the plan for lunch that day. My DD is going to make soups and I have a chicken veg soup I am going to make and we will do a soup and salad meal for one of them.

Anyone who wants to bring snacks is more than welcome. I wlll provide some snacks and drinks. I will have coolers and Joy provided us with a pitcher of water last time.

Here is what I have planned for the schedule and meals so far but DD and I are still discussing her part and what she will make. So this is not exactly set yet but won't change too much.

Wed
10am-12
I will be there to set up - everyone is welcome to come at this time but we can't register til 3pm
12pm - 1pm
Joy(owner) will provide a sandwich lunch
1pm-3 -
I will teach 2 of my "Blocks"
3pm-4 -
Registration and check out the shops(not quilt shops sorry) Iron and Lace and Grief's etc
4pm-6 -
Introduce my projects and kits
6pm-7 -
A crockpot supper - I'm thinking maybe beefburgers? Not sure yet.
7pm-10
Free time to work on your own quilting

As we are in a B & B and the owners live in the back part they request we not use the sewing machines after 10pm. Joy serves breakfast at 8am and again at 9am so we can't start til 10am. Her breakfasts are really good!

Thurs
10am-12pm
2 more "Blocks" introduced
12pm- 3pm
Go to the Dutchman's Store in Cantril and eat at the Nook across the street.
3pm-6pm
Work on projects and or kits
6pm-7pm
Hot meal brought in by my DD (I'm thinking lasagna because she makes her own sauce and it is all homemade) but we are still discussing this
7pm -10pm
Free time to sew

Friday
10am-12pm
2 more "Blocks"
12pm-1pm
Lunch possibly another meal by DD
1pm- 2pm
Break
2pm-5pm
Projects and kits
5pm-6pm
Eat at Bonaparte Retreat
6pm-10pm
Free sewing time

Sat
10am-12pm
2 more "Blocks"
12pm -1pm
Pizza and Steak House
1pm- 2pm
Break
2pm-5pm
Projects and kits
5pm- 6pm
soups and salads
6pm- 10pm
free sewing time

Sun
10am-12pm
free sewing time
12pm -1pm Sandwiches
1pm- ? We can stay as long as anyone wants to stay. so I will play it by ear to see how long. I will stay as long as anyone wants to stay and work on anything.