Old 11-06-2010, 02:06 PM
remclave

Originally Posted by lauriejo
When you fast do you drink plain water?
Actually, I do consume no more than 500 liquid calories during the day. Most of it is in the form of heavy whipping cream added to cups of decaf coffee (almost pure fat) and a couple of soft-boiled eggs. The trick is to make sure that there is less than 100 calories consumed for each intake. So I actually spike my intake right before bedtime when I use a 1/4 cup of cream to wash down the supplements that I take (vitamin D and folic acid).

Today's intake will be 494 calories total. The amazing thing is: I AM NOT HUNGRY! :D Also, no shakes from the lack of calories.

I learned about Alternate Day Fasting from the Paleo Nutrition groups. Especially from the folks who visit www.PaNu.com. That's a blog that is written by a Dr Kurt Harris. He's done a ton of reading of old studies and has found out that most studies are deliberately skewed to support low fat/high carb diets and the USDA food pyramid. He has a "How to lose weight" page that is superb and a "12 Step - Get Started" program. I've accomplished all but #9 and #12 and I'm working on #9. I am going to start that 30 day shred Monday after my husband's gone to work. I LOVE cheese and I make my own home-made cream cheese so I will probably never give up #12.

ETA: Feast or Famine diet