View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 02:24 PM
SherriB

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I am rethinking my earlier comment about Connecting Threads. I used their mirage fabrics (after washing them) and in over twenty years of quilting/sewing, I have NEVER had fabric unravel (threads EVERYWHERE) as bad as that did. I tried to handle the strips as little as possible, but the threads were everywhere. I even changed the blade in my rotary cutter, thinking that a dull blade might have caused some of it, but that didn't help. I am going to be seriously rethinking the use of that fabric. I was so disappointed. The fabric feels great, but I spent half and hour cutting threads after I finished the border I was working on (for a round robin) and still felt like I hadn't even gotten half of them.
Oh, I hate to read this!:cry:

I have a quilt top for DD's FIL ready to be quilted. I noticed it raveled a bit during the making and was worried about that. I hope the quilt will be okay after quilting and washing. I was going to make my BIL a quilt with the same fabric line but I will wait and see how this quilt turns out. :cry: