View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 04:58 PM
eruthk

You sound a bit more than "tired" to me; run down and perhaps a wee bit depressed, and defintely overwhelmed. Let's see, you work full time, you are dealing with an adolescent(?) boy, a critical husband who says you are not a quilter after having made TWO quilts, and a mother who calls you LAZY???? Enjoy your sewing room, enjoy your fabric, even if you never sew another stich, and don't waste another second of your life feeling guilty or bad about it, you have just as much right as anyone else to a little luxury and a little idleness. Heck, I live alone, I only need to work part time, and I have someone who come in a couple of times a week to help with the housework -- and I fancy myself a quilter, I have a bunch of old shirts and pants of my son's when he was a child, all nicely cut up, ready to make a quilt, a ridiculously expensive machine at the ready, and I get a great deal of fun looking at the wonderful ideas on this board every day -- but I have never ever sewed one single quilt, not one -- so for it is worth, this abjectly lazy woman thinks you are incredible!