View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:01 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

about 20 years ago my mother bought a whole stores supply of serger thread...something like 2500 cones. we have both been using it for these past 20 years for all kinds of projects. if the color is right i use it quilting with out any problems, i use it to piece, applique, quilt; general sewing everything. i really do not understand the people who say you HAVE TO USE THIS THREAD...
use what works for you and don't worry about what other people use.
i have a good supply of cotton;polyester;silk and wool threads. all have their place and work well (well except the cotton that breaks all the time and is a big pain to use.) i choose my thread by project and color not so much by fiber content.

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
I cheaped out at Joann's on a sale and bought about five spools of their $2 serger thread. Way more economical than Coats&Clark or the more expensive threads, and you get so much more on the spool. I use it for piecing with no problems whatsoever. I did forget tho and did some quilting with it, and there doesn't seem to be any problems in that area either.....hmmm....

Is there any reason I SHOULDN'T be using this kind of thread for these purposes over the long term of the quilt?