View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Katrine

Here is the second quilt I have done with the black and white lily fabric I cut as OBW.
I used alot of different shades of silver and blue (and black) metallics for the cubes.
The three large interlocking cubes alone have 242 separate pieces in (I counted them eventually! :lol: )
It was slow going because I did as the book said (One Block Wonders Cubed) - which was cut and put one triangle on the board before starting another. I think it would nigh on impossible to cut all those in one go and not get in a muddle. I drew up a graph and list to work from.
I cut some small differing size cubes and put them into some of the black and white hexagon blocks.
Each b/w hex has a silver metallic hexagon quilted in the middle, and I just meandered over the remainder, but I did SID on the cubes.
The silver metallic border cubes and crystal shapes are freehand, and I'm pleased with the effect.
When I started quilting I saw 2 errors, and couldnt face taking it apart - if you can spot them, please don't tell me .......

Already on the wall - going to get a posh hanger!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124683[/ATTACH]

the biggies!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124684[/ATTACH]

some close ups
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124685[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-124678.jpe   attachment-124679.jpe   attachment-124680.jpe   attachment-124681.jpe   attachment-124682.jpe  

attachment-124683.jpe