Old 11-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Happymom6ny

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Happymom6ny
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Here you go folks. It is the BESTEST soup the Hungry Girl has ever created!! It is incredible!!!

The Whole Enchilada Chicken Soup

PER SERVING (1 cup): 105 calories, 1.75g fat, 641mg sodium, 12.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 4g sugars, 11g protein -- POINTSŪ value 2*

Ingredients:
3 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 1/4 cups finely chopped celery
1/2 cup diced sweet yellow onion
3 cups green enchilada sauce
One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
10 oz. cooked boneless skinless lean chicken breast, chopped or shredded
1 cup frozen white (or yellow) corn
Optional: dash hot sauce, or more to taste
Optional toppings: shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, crushed baked tortilla chips

Directions:
In a large pot, bring broth to a low boil on the stove. Add celery and onion, and simmer for about 5 minutes, until slightly tender.

Stir in enchilada sauce and pumpkin. Once soup returns to a low boil, add chicken and corn, and mix well. Cook for an additional 3 - 5 minutes, until soup is heated throughout.

Add a dash or more hot sauce. (Or not. It's your soup.) Serve and, if you like, top with shredded cheese and/or crushed chips.

Enjoy!!!

MAKES 9 SERVINGS
I went out and got the stuff to make this yummie soup...hehe I cant wait to taste it. Thanks for sharing :)
I cannot wait to hear what you think about the soup!!

Missy
O my gosh!! The soup is so good and so filling..I LOVE IT!! I've always heard about putting pumkin into soup but even though I love pumkin I was always afraid to try it...But I love it!! Thank you so much :)

Do you have the Hungrey Girl cook book? My DD told me about it mths ago but I never got it. I was afraid if I bought it I wouldnt use it like so many other books I have for weight lose.

I'll have to do a search and see if there are free recipes and try them because if they are as good as the soup is maybe its worth buying.