View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 04:22 PM
bluekrissyspikes

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
You know I had to laugh when you all say they don’t take very long to make. I have been making my mini bow tuck tote for a month now. If I am lucky I may just get it finished this week when I go sewing but won’t hold my breath :lol:

Nice looking bag just the same,
wow.....i'd give up on something if it took me that long. i did it in one day, i think it took about 4 hours but i'm not sure cause i kept getting interupted and having to go attend to mom duties so i did most of it at night after bed time. there is a picture tutorial on here that i refered to a couple times during the process that helped a lot.

eta:i am new to quilting but have been sewing for a while. i used to make clothes but mostly teddy bears and other stuffies so that might have helped me make it faster. i also cut things out in multiples whenever i can and use a rotary cutter to save a lot of time. spray basting also saves time and i didn't iron anything but the handles and ties cause i hate ironing. i chuck my fabrics in the drier with a damp washcloth to smooth out wrinkles. i also hate pins so i don't use them except for basting really big quilts when there are no other options