View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Donna Mare

Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes
Originally Posted by Maybe1day
You know I had to laugh when you all say they don’t take very long to make. I have been making my mini bow tuck tote for a month now. If I am lucky I may just get it finished this week when I go sewing but won’t hold my breath :lol:

Nice looking bag just the same,
wow.....i'd give up on something if it took me that long. i did it in one day, i think it took about 4 hours but i'm not sure cause i kept getting interupted and having to go attend to mom duties so i did most of it at night after bed time. there is a picture tutorial on here that i refered to a couple times during the process that helped a lot.

eta:i am new to quilting but have been sewing for a while. i used to make clothes but mostly teddy bears and other stuffies so that might have helped me make it faster. i also cut things out in multiples whenever i can and use a rotary cutter to save a lot of time. spray basting also saves time and i didn't iron anything but the handles and ties cause i hate ironing. i chuck my fabrics in the drier with a damp washcloth to smooth out wrinkles. i also hate pins so i don't use them except for basting really big quilts when there are no other options
HMm Willl have to find that Bow TUt Like some of your quick ideas... saving those! never heard of the wet cloth one.. Will put that to use! thanks