View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 08:49 PM
hevemi

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
I made a table topper for my Thanksgiving table, but I DO NOT want it to be thick at all - although I DO want it quilted. I want it to lie just like a tablecloth would. Is it OK to just quilt the top and backing with no batting? I have never done that, so am uncertain as to how it will look. Should I put a piece of muslin or other fabric in as the batting, perhaps?

Thanking you and blessing you in advance for all your expert knowledge :thumbup:
No expert knowledge here, just a lucky find. Some time ago I stumbled upon a shipment of VERY thin poly fleece blankets in a discount store, they're only about 1/8 of an inch thick so I got me a pile, cost about a dollar apiece. I've cut and used those for batting for table cloths, your quilting ( mine is lousy, just learning) shows beautifully but the runner is still thin. When I run out I will get more extremely thin fleece for that purpose, the store may not have more of those precut blankets. Maybe this would work for you? If not, you can always use it , I made a flannel dressing gown for myself, used one blanket for lining. So warm and soft, it's getting cold here!