Old 11-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
I heard that thud.
And after seeing her in that costume I made one myself! What a hoot! :lol:
Wait'll you see the makeup, too! And hair! (I don't do makeup or hair...)

One of the other Moms is going to take care of that. Her hair will be white, as will her foundation. On top of that goes a wash of green eyeshadow on her forehead and nose. Blue eyeshadow that extends over her natural eyebrows, and hugely arched eyebrows penciled onto her forehead. Plus a black mole on her cheek. Her hair will be sprayed white, and will be "spiked up" with pipe cleaners to make it stick out all over. Very, very creepy!

Now this part makes me sad. DD's school was one of four chosen to premier this show, the first "runs" of a Disney Broadway Junior production. Disney is sending a professional to videotape the show (presumably so that they can review the performance and "tweak it"). We are not allowed to take anything other than still shots ourselves... and I'm told that Disney will not be selling copies of the video to us parents.

:cry:

I really would have a liked a "movie" memory of this! It's DD's last year (8th grade) in her middle school, she is my youngest, and these teachers she's been worked with have been wonderful, supportive, encouraging... and I've watched the kids grow up together these last three years. I understand Disney's copyright concerns, but I would *really* have liked to have had this memory captured in sound and motion.