View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 01:10 PM
patchy-at-best

Originally Posted by Lilrain
Originally Posted by QKO
Fabric prices at the wholesale level have just taken another jump, most have gone up at least .25/yd for new stuff being ordered now. That's an increase just in 2010 of .65 to 1.00 dollar/yd. And I fear it isn't going to stop for awhile... :-( :-(
Yes, the LQS owner said going up at least 35 cents a yard
..would it make you ladies feel a weeny bit better to know that in australian quilt shops we pay between $20 and $28 a yard for american patchwork fabric?..wonder what 35c will add to that?..lol

as for pre cuts, $65 for a jelly roll or layer cake, $45 for a honey bun and $18 for a charm pack..

our dollar has been at parity, or close to, the US dollar for some time but i only know of one patchwork shop who has dropped the price per yard on new lines..

including airmail postage, buying from the states is a wayyyy cheaper option, AND i can choose from a complete range instead of the broken collections we have to choose from here..

and now that i have admitted to the world how much it costs to be a patchworker in the land of oz, and considering my burgeoning stash that takes up a whole room, is it any surprise i'm divorced..something had to give!!.. :P