View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Phyl

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
If you want to donate baby quilts ask the area hospital. I don't know what its like for other places, but ours gives a small gift basket to new moms with coupons and baby stuff that the mom really needs.

Groups that help women going through domestic violence defiantly could use them. I went to one of their shelters and a few of the women there had small children.
I was completing a lap quilt to be donated and I felt my grandsons (6 and 8) should know what I was doing. The younger one had been in the hospital a few weeks earlier. I said "Wouldn't you have loved if someone made a special quilt for you to hold and have?" He , of course, said yes. I wasn't sure if the older boy had really been listening but a few minutes later he came over to me, reached in his jeans pocket and took out all of his change. "I only have 37 cents Grandma, but do you think this will help the children too?"
My heart flooded with love for this generous offer. "It will help tremendously. I am very proud of you."
When the lady came for the quilts my group had made, I told her what my grandson had done. She said she would write him a note thanking him for his thoughtful generosity. This is what we hope our children will become. Givers. Caring, generous givers. I couldn't be more proud.