Thread: Epson salts?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 11:28 PM
dmackey

Epsom salts is a form of magnesium, and most of us have depleted levels of this mineral. It is used to relax the muscles and help to detox the body.

Taking capsules of magnesium before bed, will help you avoid muscle cramps and restless leg syndrome, relaxes you so you can sleep, and should cause a healthy bowel movement each morning. I always take it at night, two 500 MG capsules, and I have been doing it for about 5 years now. It is great for the heart too.

I'm on my feet all day, so a couple of times a week at night, I soak my feet in one quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide (warm the closed bottle in a sink of hot water), with one cup of Epsom salt added, which softens my feet, kills fungus, detoxes, and adds oxygen, and it is amazing the amount of bubbles produced. The best thing is it makes my toenails look like they have a french manicure!

You can also buy another form called Transdermal Magnesium (expensive, but you use very little), which feels like a very fine oil (it's not) and when rubbed into the skin, it gets right into the blood stream to work it's magic. Absobtion of the mineral is much better in this format.

The capsules and Epsom Salts are cheap and well worth taking as often as needed. Overdosing in any way simply causes loose bowels.

Diane