View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Jim's Gem

Originally Posted by Ellen Tichenor
Is there a name for your pattern? Would love to have the measurements for your pieces, finished quilt, etc. I too have a wedding quilt to make for next summer. Great job!!
The name of this pattern is call "Bits and Pieces". It is a fat quarter pattern. I use 12 fqs and a 2 and then 4 1/2 inch boarders and it makes up to be about 53x72. The blocks are 9 1/2 unfinished and 12 fats will make 36 blocks. I set them 5 x 7 and use the leftover block for my label. I love this pattern, I can cut the fabrics and sew the blocks in an evening. I am not very good at the quilting part so with this size block and the randomness of it I can just sew a diagonal seam through the blocks with a fancy stitch. The company that puts out the pattern is Mountainpeek Creations they have a toll free # 1-888-768-5922. I have probably made about 20 of these so far, not all the same size. I had previously made about 20 or so yellow brick roads and got tired of them. I love to use lots of fabrics in quilts so fq patterns are fun for me. It is an easy pattern to use.