View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 03:45 PM
peaceandjoy

I'm purchasing a very lightly used Accuquilt Go, and will use it mainly for strips/squares/triangles. Those dies make sense to me, as they will get a lot of use. Of course, I'll bee looking for deals on them, just as I did with the cutter itself.

On the long ride home from PA today (went to DD's for Thanksgiving! :) ), I was thinking about the dies, especially the ones I'd like but wouldn't use over and over. For example, there's a 3 1/2" tumbler die coming out that I'd love to do a quilt or two with. But the price of a die is too high to buy it if not being used a lot...

So: Would a "lending library" of dies work? Can they be "rented" without breaking some kind of law? For example, could there be a charge of $10 a week, plus shipping, to let somebody else use dies?

For that matter, wouldn't it be great with lots of those tools we have that don't get constant use? I've got the 30 degree triangle ruler, Wing Clipper, 9 degree wedge... The list just goes on and on! If only there was someplace that they could be borrowed for a small fee, or rented for a period of time!