Thread: WalMart
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 07:58 AM
Suz

Ladies,
If you call the number and talk directly with the person responding, a real person, not a "menu", she will read to you the announcement about closing the fabric departments in some of their stores and replacing it with "party supplies, etc". I think this will also include yarns and notions, as well. She cannot tell you which stores, she will makes notes on your message and forward it to headquarters. I feel certain this is more than a rumor.
The guild member was asked by a rep at our WalMart to make the call. This is how we learned about it.
When the 1-800-WALMART number is answered, you will go through about 5 menus at which you will answer "regarding a shopping experience" and at the very end you will speak with a real person.
I had told her that my 4-H's depend on our store, that the closest quilt shops were 45 and 75 minutes away, that we are very rural and depend on WalMart. I don't personally buy a lot at this store, but I know of many who depend upon this department for all of their sewing needs. Suzanne