Old 11-29-2010, 11:44 PM
tcquilter

This happened to me at JA's. I ordered some flannel which required prepayment. Was told it might take 2-3 weeks, which was fine. It didn't come and didn't come so I called a couple of times and was told it hadn't come in yet. Well I had to go to JA's after about 3 weeks and thought I would check the flannel and there was a bolt of me fabric. I took it to the counter and asked why I hadn't been called. The clerk went to the back room with a paper saying they did call and I had come in and picked it up. I said no, I received no phone call and I definitely had not picked it up. The manager was called and I said I could prove it wasn't my signature on the paper, as my license has my signature. She was very nice and said no I didn't have to prove who I was and they would just reorder. I said no, I'd just take what they had. The first bolt had about half what I had ordered, so I looked and they had another partial bolt and I took all of that. I don't remember if I got my complete order that I had paid for, as I was frazzled by that time and just wanted to leave. (everyone was looking and listening) So JA must have called the wrong number and someone got free fabric.