View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 04:42 PM
quilter in the making

Thank you all for your input. You've taken me from near tears to smiles. Your support and encouragement is greatly appreciated. I recently purchased a 1/4" foot and that is greatly helping me with my seams. I did take a beginning quilting class at a LQS and it was a nightmare. My main reason for taking it was to get some help with rotary cutting, maintaining the 1/4" seams consistently and was given this instruction when cutting strips with the rotary blade, "Oh you don't have to worry about cutting anything straight, we'll square up the quilt at the end." Ummm, okay. The teacher had just had a death in her family and probably should have just canceled the class as she was wanting to talk about her loss and her grief rather than anything to do with quilting. I have lost loved ones also and don't begrudge her time to grieve, but we definitely did not get what we paid for and that was a quilting class. We didn't even get halfway done with our project and the class was over (and yes, we all did our prep work at home in between classes). Since that's the only shop that gives lessons without driving 45 minutes to an hour, that's the only place I've tried. Anyway, you've all encouraged me to keep going and enjoy the process. I am finding that I'm addicted to fabric and am working on building a stash. I will post some pictures soon and show you what I'm working on. Thanks again everyone!