View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 04:32 PM
jrhboxers

Originally Posted by ckcowl
according to studies the inks used by HP and epson are the most (permenent) when doing any fabric printing. the refills do not work, they rinse right out, and some of the other printer brands have so-so results.
That was brought to my attention from a friend who knew that I had the Epson. So I put it to the test. I took several pieces of various quality of fabrics - i.e. WM, LQS, CT, Joanns, etc. - and print a total of 32 blocks. They vary from sayings to full color pictures. And I then pieced them into a throw. And it lives on my couch. It is used constantly - dogs, cats and all. The slipcovers on my couch and loveseat are washed weekly (sometimes twice a week) and this test piece and a couple of other throws are washed to. I made the test in July - when I heard about this. Well, except for some of the white not being so white and a couple of corners where the stitching is coming out. It looks really good. The full color pictures are obviously not as bright as they were, but all in all they look really good.