Old 12-02-2010, 05:43 AM
RugosaB

Originally Posted by Rachel
Originally Posted by grammiepamie
Could I please ask why he was in NICU please?
He was 6 1/2 weeks premature. I had pre-eclampsia and Nathan decided to come early. He was fine in the NICU, but when we brought him home (4 weeks later), he starting spitting up and it just progressively got worse (he started out on breast milk), which I figured would have been the best for him, but the doc said he had a milk intolerance. We switched him to soy and that seemed to be about the best, so now I'm thinking maybe the soy and the zantac? but I'm scared to make a move without the doc's approval.
Our first projectile vomited once, which resultrf in a trip to the doctor's house (love country doctors), trips to the pediatric gastroentrologist (or however that's typed) that was in the news at the time for performing a liver transplant on a 5 yr old. And all these tests. Ended up he was allergic to cow's milk, weird since he was breast fed. He was getting whatever was in the cow's milk he was allergic to, from ME, because I drank it - I thought that was a good thing!
He was put on soy formula, he was fine, immediately.
My daighter, 2 yrs younger, started the same thing, at the same age, 6 wks, so we switched her right away, and for our third, he was just started on soy, figuring he'd have the problem too.
Maybe it was a sign of how smart they are, becase they grew into very smart adults
They outgrew it, but I did use soy until they were 6 months old