Thread: WOW! In shock.
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Momsmurf

Originally Posted by Annie Oakley
A recent news story revealed that China is buying up raw cotton. They don't need it for anything in particular....they are just piling it up. They will then manipulate the price and we will pay even more for EVERYTHING containing cotton. Everything from band-aids to clothing. Soon we will all have to dress in polyester again, like we did in the late 70's.

The Chinese government is not our friend. As expensive as fabric is, you still might want to stock up now. It isn't likely to get better any time soon. I'm sticking with traditional styles and colors instead of going with the latest seasonal trends.

Perhaps it is time to start buying clothing made from hemp. Maybe someone will develop a quilt fabric line from hemp, too.

Regarding China, no kidding. Those in charge of the millions working for nothing in their factories, making sure there is lead in everything that comes out of it, don't care. They have the US by the "bells" (which we females don't have) and they know it...wonderful, wonderful.
I sure hope I don't need too much of anything...my pennies won't go very far. But I will never give up on quilting.

I don't make voodoo dolls, but I can pretend that every stitch is a pin in a China doll. (Chinese Americans excluded of course.)