View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Marvlin

Originally Posted by seamstome
I would not do it and I have more xray film in storage than most of you will ever see in a lifetime.

Exposed or processed film must be recycled due to the silver and chemical content. This is regulated by the government...state EPA usually. It will melt and will let off toxic fumes...that's why the government regulates the darkrooms.

Dont cut corners like this.
Thanks for pointing this out to the quilting public. I wasn't sure anyone knew there are government rules and regulations on how anyone can dispose of radiographic materials. Just about everything in radiographs are toxic and the chemicals used to develop don't evaporate they just dry on the film. Dangerous thing for anyone to do to save bucks. Not worth the risk. Doctors and hospitals can't even put the film in burning bins and can't put them in regular garbage waste bins because of the toxic content and government regulations. They have to use toxic waste companies to dispose of these materials. This is just not worth the risk to anyones health because you will have to be handling as well as cutting this film material.