Old 12-06-2010, 07:45 AM
omak

Originally Posted by Jeanne Fauss
This topic has really hit a nerve in alot of people. Guess we all know how it feels for our hard work(joy) to go unappreciated. But I can see the majority feels to give them anyway this year...and any time you feel like doing something special it will never be for naught.
From experience (thanks to my husband's gentle teaching) I can testify to how much freedom you gain by doing and giving what you want, when you want, regardless of the response.
I have learned to accept the fact that some people don't learn from your example, but there are many people anxiously waiting for someone to show them the least amount of kindness.
I do subscribe to the motto: "Practice Random Acts of Kindness" - - those are the most satisfying ...
If you are looking to make others happy, just move past the ones who could care less and keep practicing and find those souls who need the confirmation of worth, you will have travelled much further down the path of making the world a better place - - which is about the only reason I see for man to have been created in the first place. <wave>