Old 12-07-2010, 05:56 PM
kit'smamma

My guild has two male members, one who does mainly machine embroidery and who's wife does the quilting. He works in a LQS and sold me my current Janome 6600. The other is a devoted Grandpa who decided once to make a quilt for his granddaughter and now makes quilts for all the grandchildren. Evidently his wife isn't interested. Both gentlemen are quick to pitch in to help with quilt shows etc.

My late husband was an avid hunter and skeet shooter. He had a weakness for buying shot guns as I have for fabric so we never hassled each other about the cost of our respective hobbies. The hunting spaniels were equally beloved between us. He would have been tickled if I'd taken up his pursuits and would have been happy to have him quilt. As it was, although he never wanted to go to a quilt show he always volunteered to help set up my guild's quilt shows and hang the quilts. He would later share with me which were his favorites with some excitement.

Hang in there. I'm a retired criminal defense lawyer so I took some gaff from the older judges and I just let it roll off.